Thursday, April 8, 2010

I have been on the lookout for a bedside table for my guest room. I wanted a round one and had seen one at Target that I LoVeD but it was close to $100 and I really didn't want to spend that much. I found this beauty on a trip to the DI. It was $7.00. Can you see the potential?



I altered it a little by removing the 1970s decorative fencing stuff and did the usual sanding and painting with some more sanding to "rough it up". I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I have been looking for a small wind up clock to put next to the lamp but have had no luck in that hunt as of yet.

The lamp was a "free with purchase" gift from ULTA from years ago that has never been used. It came in a set of two and had a gold base. I spray painted it cream and luckily the shade came as cute as it is. Feathers and all.

I inherited the old books, they are always fun to decorate with.

For around $10 my overnight guests will now have the luxury of a nightstand. :)!




5 comments:

  1. Cute cute I didn't know you where so crafty. lol jk we need to get together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job sadie :) You decided to go on your own bloggy venture :) I'm a blog whore...that's what kirklan said...sorrY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Way to do something you enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table turned out darling...and you can't beat the price...great job! Oh...I'll post a few tips about painting cabinets in a post later this week.

    ReplyDelete